Gastroenterologists and Hepatologists in Mauritius
Gastroenterologists and Hepatologists have extensive training in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the oesophagus, stomach, small and large intestine, liver and pancreas.Learn more
Dr. Zaid Heetun is a fully trained Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist who has recently returned to Mauritius after 15 years of training in Dublin, Ireland.
Qualification and experience
- Laureate of 2000
- MB BCh BAO BA in 2006, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- MRCPI (Membership of Royal College of Physicians of Ireland) in 2009
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST) in Gastroenterology and General internal Medicine, 2015
- Exposed to large volumes of patients with inflammatory bowel disease
- Worked for one year as the accepting liver transplant registrar at the National Liver Unit, St Vincent’s University Hospital, Ireland
- 2 years of research in Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Worked as a Consultant Gastroenterologist prior to returning to Mauritius
Dr. Heetun is currently offering consultation at
Wellkin Hospital on Monday afternoons from 5pm to 8pm (on appointment and walk-in).
Article from lemauricien